My iPhone was stolen a few weeks ago. I want to get back the data stored on that stolen iPhone. So how can I recover data from the stolen iPhone without the device? I have synced my iPhone with iTunes not long ago before it's stolen. So maybe I can restore the data from iTunes backup? Is it possible?
It's unfortunate when you lost all of your personal data after iPhone got stolen or lost. But fortunately, you still have chance to get back the data of the stolen iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup on condition that you have an iTunes or iCloud backup of the iPhone before it was stolen.
To restore the lost data from backup, what you need is a third-party data recovery tool to scan and extract iTunes or iCloud backup files of the stolen iPhone for you. The iPhone Data Recovery recommended here is one of the best recovery software to allow you preview and selectively restore whatever data you want to recover from iTunes and iCloud backups. With the help of iPhone Data Recovery, you can retrieve data including photos, videos ,contacts, messages, call history, notes, calendar, reminders, safari bookmarks, voice memos and much more from the stolen iPhone.
Before following the steps to recover lost data from stolen iPhone, you should download the free trial version (Mac and Windows) and install it on your computer.
In the contents below, we will guide you step by step to rescue data on stolen iPhone in different ways. You are free to choose the one that meets your requirements.
• Choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File" after launching iPhone Data Recovery;
• Select proper backup file to scan and extract it;
• Preview and selectively tick the files you want to recover and save them on computer.
• Choose "Recover from iCloud Backup File" once opened iPhone Data Recovery program;
• Sign in iCloud account and download the backup files you want to recover;
• Preview and restore the data you want and save them on computer.
This method is a perfect way to restore and save your lost data from stolen iPhone on computer for backup. If this method doesn't satisfy you, you can read on to find the one suits your needs.
If you plan to transfer the lost iPhone data to a new iPhone, it can be much easier to recover the data. You only need to directly restore the whole backup files to your new iPhone via iCloud or iTunes. To use this method, you should also confirm that you have already made a back up of the stolen iPhone to iCloud or iTunes before.
• Follow the initial steps in the iOS Setup Assistant to select your language, and so on;
• Select Restore from iCloud Backup when the assistant asks you to set up your iPhone;
• Select the iCloud backup you created earlier for the iPhone that was stolen.
• Connect your new iPhone to the computer that has your backup of the stolen iPhone;
• Make sure this computer has the latest version of iTunes;
• Choose File > Devices > Restore from Back Up.
When you discover that your iPhone has been stolen, there are some steps you should take that may help you to get back your stolen iPhone.
"Find My iPhone" is an official application made by Apple that can be used to track and lock the stolen iPhone, as well as remove all data on it. Once your iPhone was stolen, all you need to do is to use another iOS device and log in this application with your Apple ID to find the current location of your iPhone.
Calling your cell phone company to report the theft and have the account tied to the iPhone suspended or canceled will help ensure that you're not stuck paying for charges incurred by the thief.
No matter it might get your iPhone back or not, this is always an important step. You can provide the iPhone's current location that you get from the "Find My iPhone" to the police officers. This will greatly increase the possibility to get back your stolen iPhone.